ENORMOUSLY USEFUL. SURPRISINGLY SMALLER.
The HSD is mighty but mini: It's easy to handle, easy to share, extremely comfortable to ride, carries a whole lot of cargo—and all of this in a compact design that's shorter than a standard bicycle.
Easy to Handle
Whether you're riding, storing, or moving it around, the HSD is a breeze to handle. It's shorter than a regular bike and its weight is the same as a regular ebike.
Bring the kiddo. The HSD's extra-long Atlas H Rack gives plenty of heel clearance and room for your kiddo to enjoy the view rather than being smushed up against your back. The rack is rated to 60 kg (132 lb), so when paired with the right Passenger System accessories, the HSD is ready for your growing family.
Fifteen seconds and the HSD transforms into a flat package that's perfect for fitting into SUVs, station wagons, or bus storage compartments.
Ready to Haul
Despite its diminutive stature, the HSD is a mid-sized cargo bike with some serious hauling capacity. With a maximum gross vehicle weight of 170 kg (374 lb) and an XL-sized Atlas H Rack, it'll carry a week's worth of groceries or camping equipment for the weekend. It even has a dedicated trailer mount, so adding extra cargo is a cinch.
The HSD flips up for convenient vertical parking. Take it upstairs in an elevator and park it inside at home or at work—it needs just a wee bit of floor space.
A Comfier Ride
With a longer wheelbase and extra-low center of gravity, the HSD is smoother and more stable than your standard ebike. Easy-Step frame design paired with an adjustable stem and seatpost offers a comfortable upright riding position for both taller and shorter riders. Add a suspension fork and balloon tires and even the meanest cobblestone roads are comfortably navigated.
Happiness Shared Daily
The best things in life are meant to be shared, and the HSD is one of them. The HSD resizes in seconds to fit riders from 150 to 195 cm (4'11" to 6'5") so everybody in the family—from teens to grandparents—can enjoy the ride. The Easy-Step frame design is nice and low for easy mounts and dismounts.
- GENERAL INFO
- SPEEDS: 1 x 8
- WEIGHT: 23.7 kg (52.2 lb)
- GEAR INCHES: 35" - 85" (2.78 - 6.81 m)
- FOLDING SIZE: 38 × 156 × 79 cm (15 × 61.4 × 31.1 in)
- FOLDING TIME: 5 sec
- FRAME SIZES: One size
- DISTANCE: SEATPOST TO HANDLEBAR: 45 - 52 cm (17.7 - 20.5 in)
- DISTANCE: SADDLE TO PEDAL: 70 - 100 cm (27.6 - 39.4 in)
- SUGGESTED RIDER HEIGHT: 147 - 190 cm (57.9 - 74.8 in)
- MAX GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT: 140 kg (308.6 lb)
- MAX RIDER WEIGHT: 120 kg (264.6 lb)
- FRAME: Tern HSD, 6061-AL, patented design, Tern sliding dropouts, EFBE Tri-Test approved: 170 kg
- FORK: Suntour custom for Tern, 1.5" tapered Chromoly steerer, 32 mm stanchions, Thru-axle, 70 mm travel, EFBE tested for 170 kg
- HANDLEPOST: Tern Physis 3D (G2), 3D forged, 5 patented technologies, 12°, 290 mm
- STEM: Tern Andros (G2), adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
- HEADSET: Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", angular contact bearings, Physis integrated
- HANDLEBAR: Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted
- GRIPS/BAR TAPE: Ergon
- SADDLE: Tern HSD
- SEATPOST: Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm, 2014-AL
- SEATPOST CLAMP: Tern Collar, 6061-AL, 2pc
- FRONT BRAKE: Magura MT4, hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: Magura MT4, hydraulic disc, 160 mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: Magura, hydraulic
- BRAKE CABLE & HOUSING: Magura, hydraulic
- FRONT WHEEL: Tern Atlas H, cargo wheel
- REAR WHEEL: Tern Atlas H, cargo wheel
- FRONT HUB: Novatec, Thru-axle, sealed bearings
- REAR HUB: Shimano Nexus 8
- SPOKES AND NIPPLES: Stainless steel
- RIMS: Tern Atlas H, wide 35 mm
- TIRES: Schwalbe Big Ben, 55-406, RaceGuard puncture protection, ECE-R75 ebike certification
- SHIFTER(S): Shimano Nexus 8
- CRANKSET: Tern HSD custom, Gates CDX CNC machined beltring
- CASSETTE/FREEWHEEL: Gates CDX, precision CNC machined cog
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Motor integrated
- CHAIN: Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt
- PEDALS: Urban with non-slip surface
- SHIFTER CABLE & HOUSING: Shimano
- MOTOR: Bosch Active Line Plus (Gen 3), max speed 25 kph (EU); max speed 20 mph (US)
- BATTERY: Bosch PowerPack 400
- DISPLAY: Bosch Purion, 4 mode selectable, walk assist
- RANGE: 42 -110 km (26-69 mi)
- CHARGER: Bosch Standard Charger
- BELLS & WHISTLES
- BELL: Aluminum
- CHAINGUARD: Gates integrated
- KICKSTAND: Ursus, rear mount
- LUGGAGE SOCKET: Combo Mount
- FRONT LIGHT: Tern Valo Direct, 45 lux/190 lumens
- REAR LIGHT: Herrmans H-Trace, for eBike
- FENDERS: SKS, stainless hardware
- RACK(S): Atlas H Rack™, Atlas Rack Mount, 6 point mounting; Max load weight: 60 kg (132 lb)
- ACCESSORY: ABUS 5650L, keyed-alike with Bosch battery